Online Technical Training Blog
A Guide to GBCTechTraining’s College Partnerships
One of the lesser known facts about GBC Technical Training is that we have a number of partnerships with colleges and universities across the United States, such as MiraCosta College in California, Valencia College in Florida, and University of Houston-Downtown in Texas. These relationships allow our partner schools to offer our distance education technical training certificate programs to people in their local communities.
Let’s explore GBC Technical Training’s partnerships!
Advantages of Our College Partnerships
- Our partner schools are accredited colleges and universities in the United States
- Students registering for a technical training certificate program through a partner school may be eligible for financial funding through the state or their employer, as a local employer may only fund a program if offered in the U.S.
- Upon program completion, students receive a certificate from the partner school, which has the advantage of being recognizable by local employers.
- Students can expect to receive the same high quality GBC Technical Training curriculum and program material for their training with a partner school. Registration is completed through the partner, and program materials are then shipped to students.
- Students will have full access to technical and tutorial support via phone and email, and access to the Student Learning Portal, where they can access additional resource material, such as tutorials and the online forum tutor.
Differences Between Partner Schools
While the program curriculum and content is the same, each partner school may have its own terms regarding credits, tuition, program completion time, and passing exam grades for the technical training certificate programs.
- Credit bearing and CEU credits: depending on the school, the technical training certificate programs can be credit bearing and students will be granted Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Tuition: program tuition fees are set at a consistent amount across partners.
- Program completion time: while most of our partners have no predetermined completion time, University of Houston-Downtown requires a program to be completed within 2 years.
- Passing grades: there are minimum grades required to pass online module exams, but this minimum varies by school. For example, some schools may require 60% to pass module exams, while others may require 70%.
GBCTechTraining works with many well-known partner colleges to deliver high quality and affordable technical training certificate programs to students across North America, and these programs offer multiple advantages for students.
If you’d like to know more about our partner colleges, please contact us! You can speak to a Program Consultant toll-free at 1-888-553-5333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org